Magestans! Apologies for the delay in announcing this year’s raffle prizes. Magestry’s annual Winter Party is THIS SATURDAY! And the Raffle Prizes are finally here! But first, a bit about how the raffle works:
Raffle Tickets are $3.00 each or 2 for $5.00, and you will earn one Brownie Point for every dollar you spend whether you win or lose the drawings. You may purchase raffle tickets online or at the party itself. To buy tickets online, go to Magestry.com, press the button labelled “$5 for 2 Tickets,” and select the number of pairs of tickets you would like to purchase.
You can buy tickets online until the party begins (3PM on Saturday, February 16th). After that, you can purchase tickets at the party for the same price by seeing one of the GMs. (We will be able to accept cash, check, or credit.) If you can’t make it to the party but would still like to enter the raffle, you can instruct us as to which lots you would like your tickets to be put into by emailing [email protected] The drawing will begin around 8:30pm this Saturday, February 16th.
** Multiple Draw Categories**
All of the categories in the raffle will feature multiple drawings! This means that several winners will be drawn from each category. The first winner in each category will get what we have deemed the top prize, and each winner after that will receive prizes in descending order of distinction. For example, the first name drawn in the “Skill Points” category will win 100 skill points(!), while the second name drawn will win 75 skill points; etc. Each person will only be able to win once in each category. We will allow winners to trade their winning prize for a prize of less distinction if they wish. For example, if your name was drawn second in the “See That Glowing?” category, but you would rather have the 4th prize in the category, you may relinquish your 2nd Draw prize and take the 4th draw prize, instead. You may also trade prizes with someone after the party if you and the other person both agree, but you may not trade to end up with 2 prizes from the same category.
We rely on the Raffle to be Magestry’s best fundraiser of the year (The new camp owners more than tripled our event rental fees!), so please dig deep! Now, without further ado, allow us to introduce this year’s Winter Party Raffle prizes!
**Lot 1: Skill Points!**
- -1st Draw: 100 Skill Points
- -2nd Draw: 75 Skill Points
- -3rd Draw: 50 Skill Points
- -4th Draw: 45 Skill Points
- -5th Draw: 40 Skill Points
- -6th Draw: 35 Skill Points
- -7th Draw: 30 Skill Points
- -8th Draw: 25 Skill Points
- -9th Draw: 25 Skill Points
- -10th Draw: 25 Skill Points
**Lot 2: See That Glowing?**
- For all of 2019, you will have up to 6 castings per day of a particular weapon enchantment spell.
- -1st Draw: Shadow Weapon
- -2nd Draw: Astral Weapon
- -3rd Draw: Spiritual Weapon
- -4th Draw: Psychic Weapon
- -5th Draw: Essence Weapon
- -6th Draw: Fire Weapon
- -7th Draw: Ice Weapon
- -8th Draw: Lightning Weapon
- -9th Draw: Acid Weapon
**Lot 3: Gold or Glamour?**
- -1st Draw: 30 Gold & 5 Brownie Points
- -2nd Draw: 25 Gold & 25 Brownie Points
- -3rd Draw: 20 Gold & 50 Brownie Points
- -4th Draw: 15 Gold & 75 Brownie Points
- -5th Draw: 10 Gold & 100 Brownie Points
- -6th Draw: 9 Gold & 150 Brownie Points
- -7th Draw: 8 Gold & 200 Brownie Points
- -8th Draw: 7 Gold & 300 Brownie Points
- -9th Draw: 6 Gold & 400 Brownie Points
- -10th Draw: 5 Gold & 500 Brownie Points
**Lot 4: Skillfully Done!**
- -1st Draw: Enjoy a single event with a 4500 Skill Point character build of your choice to replace your normal character skills. (You must notify the GMs at least one week before you use this prize in-game and this prize must be redeemed in 2019.)
- -2nd Draw: For all of 2019, every Magestream and Shadowstream will grant you Great Health (8 temp Hit Points).
- -3rd Draw: Enjoy a single event with a 3000 Skill Point character build of your choice to replace your normal character skills. (You must notify the GMs at least one week before you use this prize in-game and this prize must be redeemed in 2019.)
- -4th Draw: You gain Skill Specialization for all of 2019. You may choose any skill of grade 5 or lower.
- -5th Draw: You gain Skill Specialization for all of 2019. You may choose any skill of grade 4 or lower.
- -6th Draw: One gesture-based casting of, “Repel, Essence 5.” (Must be used in 2019. If ineffective, the spell is returned to you, but you may not attempt it on the same target more than once in the same day.)
- -7th Draw: One gesture-based casting of, “Confuse, Psychic 5.” (Must be used in 2019. If ineffective, the spell is returned to you, but you may not attempt it on the same target more than once in the same day.)
- -8th Draw: You gain the skill Favored Enemy for all of 2019. You must choose which enemy to favor.
- -9th Draw: Once during 2019, you may use any one skill from the Magestry Player’s Rulebook or from the Professions & Prestige rule supplement. (Please notify the staff by email after the game that you use it.)
- -10th Draw: You gain the use of two additional Cantrip options, plus 2 additional Cantrip Slots) for all of 2019.
- 11th Draw: Same as 9th Draw.
**Lot 5: Haunted by History**
- -1st Draw: A Mysterious Inheritance: You receive something from someone from your unknown past. It may not be identifiably useful or valuable at first, but if you follow its clues successfully, you will find great reward!
- -2nd Draw: Righteous Ritual Recipient: Someone(s) from your character’s past had performed a ritual which resulted in the strengthening of the Spirit of one of their descendents. Guess what? That’s you! This prize will remove one Death from your character card and also end any lasting negative effects from previous deaths. Alternately, you may choose to gain a Get Out of Death Free card (even if your character already has one).
- -3rd Draw: Ancestral Spirit Advisor: You come into contact with a departed ancestor who not only knew a lot in life but also has connections to an “Afterlife Realm” and can deliver reliable knowledge on almost any topic (mostly to be used as a Gather Info contact but may be useful in other ways as well).
- -4th Draw: Grade School Rival: Someone from your past comes back into your life. Not necessarily a villain… perhaps a jerk from childhood who was always trying to outdo you. Now they have grown up, but they haven’t changed and are looking to prove they were always better than you.
- -5th Draw: The Scouring of Your Shire: Something from your character’s background was the catalyst for the formation of some adversarial group that, among other aims, want to make your life “diffacult.” Who they are and what scale of trouble they’ll present is yet to be seen.
- -6th Draw: Phenomenal Cosmic Sour: An indentured, powerful being, that must serve a mortal as punishment for some misdeed, has been assigned to serve YOU (for a reason related to your character’s history). The only catch is that this being is lazy and disinterested in helping, so you must do something to “win it over” if it is to be of best use to you.
- -7th Draw: Resistance Ritual Recipient: Someone(s) from your character’s past had performed a ritual which resulted in granting you resistance from one effect of your choosing, as long as that effect is Power Level 5 or lower. (There is no time limit on this prize. Please notify the staff by email after the game that you use it.)
**Lot 6: Boom’s Bags of Bombs and Balms**
- This year’s potion grab bag also features some explosives that Boom Blackgate constructed and then carelessly left unguarded for your character to happen upon. Before each draw, you will get to choose if you want to draw from the Potion Bag (Alchemy and Toxicology items of Grades 6-10) or the Bomb Bag (Single-Use Area-Effect bombs that have effects ranging from raw damage to healing to… who knows?!). All items pulled from either bag will last 3 years before expiring. (If you are not able to be at the party or will not be present for the drawing, we will have someone draw for you.)
- -1st Draw: 8 pulls from the Bags + 1 Bomb of Essence Refreshing (restores all skill slots of grade 9 and lower for everyone in area of effect)
- -2nd Draw: 7 pulls from the Bags
- -3rd Draw: 6 pulls from the Bags
- -4th Draw: 5 pulls from the Bags
- -5th Draw: 4 pulls from the Bags
- -6th Draw: 3 pulls from the Bags
- -7th Draw: 3 pulls from the Bags
- -8th Draw: 3 pulls from the Bags
We are excited for this Saturday’s party and we hope you are, too! See you there!